Saturday, April 12, 2008

Long time, no post

March flew by! Yikes! And April is already almost half way over. You wouldn't know it by the weather here though. I look outside and the trees are still bare, the sky is gray and, holy crap, there's snow on the ground. What happened to Spring? Will I have to wait until June to see a flower or leaves on trees? This is insane!!!

I've heard that we're not alone though, so I'll try not to complain too much. But, this never ending winter is really starting to get to me. Maybe it's the lack of sunshine and Vitamin D. I don't know. Even poor Fritz is going a little crazy with the extended winter. What's a cat supposed to do in weather like this? Should he shed or shouldn't he? Should he attack the toy, or shouldn't he? He just can't seem to figure it out, and the confusion has made him a little batty.


At least Vivek is still being very positive about it. For some reason he likes the snow and the cold. Crazy man. A couple weeks ago he was worried that the lakes were starting to melt so we went out and took a few pictures before the lakes thawed...This was the end of March and the temperature was finally hitting 50 for the first time. (See how happy we look! Those were the days!) Oddly enough, it snowed two days later, and on April first we had several inches of snow on the ground again.Even then, I didn't really mind the snow too much. I thought that it was winter's last hoorah and that we were well on our way into Spring. I was wrong....I guess I'll just continue to look forward to May. It should be better, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey peeps, I think it's time for a new post! If there's still snow in Minnesota now, I'm going to start not believing in global warming.

Khena said...

Hey Corey, nice to see you on the blog. Thankfully there is no more snow in Minnesota. It has even become a little comfortable here - All lush and green, wet, and windy. I have heard though that the weather has been weird in most parts of the U.S.. I guess that's bad news on the global warming side of things!

Your suggestion, btw, has been taken.