Sunday, December 2, 2007

Land of the Free(ze)

It is a delightful 9°F outside, which feels like -6°F with wind chill. I have seen these temperatures in the past when I lived in Iowa -- but we've had quite the cold snap here for the past week or so. The recent lowest temperature I think was somewhere around -5, which felt like -15. Anyway.

Khena and I spent a few hours today shoveling snow. We live on a designated snow emergency route, and the City of Minneapolis declared a snow emergency today. (A snow emergency means that there are special parking rules.) First, we dug out our cars so that we could get them off the main street. And after that, we cleared 2 spots on a side street so that we could park there overnight.

All in all, it was good exercise. I am starting to feel like a hardy Minnesotan already. I will soon be ready for ice hockey on Lake Calhoun.

No comments: